Flashpoint's Mac support is heavily experimental. This page provides information about the current Flashpoint for Mac package.
- Batch Download Files From List Of Urls For Mac Osx
- Batch Download Files From Url List
- Batch Download Files From List Of Urls For Mac Os
After exporting the image URLs extracted with Octoparse, a bulk downloader will be the best choice to get your desired image files. Here we’d like to share with you two highly friendly-to-use bulk downloaders that allow pasting in/importing a list of URLs directly. If you are trying to download a file from a url then you can use the method in this blog. Download a file from url using VBA. But you will need to change saving path, file type etc. It will be helpful if you can post your current code.
Please join our Discord and provide your feedback: http://discord.gg/S9uJ794
- 2Installation Instructions
Download Beta 2019-12-15:
'wmode':'direct' to the default SWFObject parameters. This fixes certain 3D Flash games which previously did not work properly.
2019-12-14: First beta available!
- Download and unzip the latest package using the link above.
StartFlashpoint.commandto open Flashpoint.
- Do not forget this step! You must use
StartFlashpoint.command, otherwise Flashpoint will not work properly.
- Do not forget this step! You must use
If Flashpoint does not work after installation, follow the steps below:
- Click the Apple menu and open System Preferences.
- Click 'Security & Privacy,' then click the 'Privacy' tab.
- Click 'Full Disk Access'.
- Click the lock icon and enter your password to make changes. Then click the + button under the list of apps to add Terminal to the list.
- Click the lock icon again to save your changes. You should see Terminal in the list of allowed apps, as shown below.
MacOS Catalina and Big Sur
Because Flashpoint's applications are from an 'unidentified developer,' if you're using Catalina or Big Sur, you'll need to approve each application before it can run. Open your system preferences, click 'Security & Privacy', then allow each of the following applications to run: StartFlashpoint.command, Flashpoint Launcher, swfbbox, and SeaMonkey.
Because Adobe Director Projectors are 32-bit applications, SPR for Mac will not work on MacOS Catalina or Big Sur. This means that Flashpoint for Mac does not support Shockwave games on Catalina or Big Sur.
MacOS Big Sur (MacOS 11.0)
Flash applications have been successfully tested and are working. To use Flashpoint with Big Sur, a few modifications are required. Follow the steps below:
- Download SeaMonkey 2.53.4 for MacOS x64 from here: https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/
- Copy the newest 'SeaMonkey.app' file downloaded by searching in Finder under 'This Mac'.
- In the Flashpoint Infinity Launcher folder, paste the copied file into the FPSoftware folder and replace the original SeaMonkey.app file with the new download.
For this to work properly, Adobe Flash must already be installed on your Mac, which can currently be installed on some browsers here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
Apple Silicon Macs
To run Flashpoint on Macs with the new M1 chip, you'll need to install Rosetta by following these instructions. Once you've done that, follow the instructions in the previous sections to get Flashpoint working.
To add support for Java games, you'll need to install the Java Development Kit. Follow the steps below:
- Download JDK version 8u212 from here: https://github.com/frekele/oracle-java/releases/download/8u212-b10/jdk-8u212-macosx-x64.dmg
- Open the DMG file and run the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the JDK.
Running games in Wine is not yet supported, but we hope to add support for this in a future build. If you'd like to contribute to our efforts, you can download an installer here.
Currently, only Flashpoint Infinity is available for Mac. However, as explained here, both PHP and Apache are included with MacOS. This means it should be fairly simple to create a Flashpoint Ultimate package for MacOS as well. Let us know in our Discord if you can help!
No equivalent to the Flashpoint Redirector currently exists for MacOS. MacOS also does not provide any native way to set per-application proxy settings. In Flashpoint for Mac, the proxy settings for each supported technology must be set separately. This rules out using the Flash projectors, since they do not have configurable proxy settings. In Flashpoint for Mac, all Flash games run in a browser.
The Flashpoint FAQ contains a list of all web game technologies ('Platforms') supported in the Windows version of Flashpoint. The Mac version currently supports a small subset of these platforms. This is explained in detail below. The list of supported platforms includes an unscientific estimate of the percentage of games supported by our method.
- Flash: Supported using the SeaMonkey web browser, with a Flash plugin included. Games that use a Flash Player version other than 32 are not yet supported.
- ~95% of games supported.
- Shockwave: Supported with SPR for Mac. Because LeechProtectionRemovalHelp is only available for Windows, the majority of Shockwave games will not work properly.
- ~30% of games supported.
- Requires a 32-bit compatible OS; Catalina is not supported.
- HTML5: Supported using the SeaMonkey web browser. WebAssembly support is enabled in Flashpoint's SeaMonkey profile, so it should be compatible with nearly all of the same games as Basilisk.
- ~99% of games supported.
- Java Applets: Supported natively using the JDK. Java in the browser is not supported yet.
- ~99% of games supported.
- Unity Web Player: Has not been attempted yet. We would need to track down the Mac builds of all 12 versions of Unity Web Player that we support on Windows. Needless to say, this would be a huge challenge.
- PopCap Plugin: As far as we know, there is no version of PopCap Plugin for modern Macs.
- Authorware Web Player: Authorware is incompatible with all Intel Macs.
- GoBit Plugin: As far as we know, there is no version of GoBit Games Plugin for modern Macs.
- Silverlight: Silverlight for Mac is available here, but as explained in this StackExchange answer, Microsoft Silverlight for Mac is 32-bit only, even though the Windows version has 64-bit and 32-bit versions. This is a problem because no major browser for MacOS has a 32-bit version, and MacOS Catalina drops support for 32-bit programs entirely. As such, Silverlight is unusable on Mac.
- 3DVIA Player: As far as we know, there is no version of 3DVIA Player for modern Macs.
- 3D Groove GX: 3D Groove is incompatible with all Intel Macs.
- ActiveX: ActiveX is a Windows-only technology.
- ShiVa3D: The Windows version of the ShiVa3D Player is available in the free ShiVa Web Edition; this is where we obtained it. However, no Mac version of the ShiVa Web Edition is currently available, so we haven't been able to find a Mac version of the ShiVa3D Player. It's possible that we could extract a Mac version of the player from a Mac version of a ShiVa3D game. Or maybe we could obtain the Mac runtime from the Windows version of ShiVa3D Web Edition, since it has the capability of publishing for Mac.
A number of Flashpoint Launcher issues affect the experience of using Flashpoint Launcher on MacOS. Unfortunately, none of our Launcher developers currently have access to a Mac, so updates for the Mac version of Flashpoint Launcher will not be available in the foreseeable future. We will be unable to release a Mac version of Flashpoint 7.0 until a new version of the Launcher is built for MacOS. If you have access to MacOS and are able to build Flashpoint Launcher, please let us know!
The current issues with the Mac version of Flashpoint Launcher are listed below.
- Errors are shown in the log when services are missing from the
services.json. These services are unnecessary for Flashpoint on Mac, so the errors can be ignored.
- Flashpoint Launcher cannot find its own Version file, even if it is present in the Launcher's folder and app package.
- The Theme dropdown menu on the Config tab does not work properly. To select a theme, you must manually type the path to the theme's CSS file.
- A popup appears if the user attempts to start a Windows executable from Flashpoint. This popup tells the user to install Wine, and points them to the Linux Support page, even though the Launcher is running on Mac.
- If a shell script is specified in
execs.jsonas an alternative to a batch script, the Launcher will attempt to launch the shell script defined for Linux, even if a different shell script is defined for Darwin (MacOS).
- Flashpoint Launcher attempts to load the hidden resource forks of certain files as separate files. These files are not visible in the MacOS Finder, and have filenames beginning with
- If any Platform XML has a resource fork, all of the Platform XMLs will fail to load, causing a 'No games found' error.
- If any localization JSON file has a resource fork, a 'NotValidJSON' error will appear in the logs.
- When Wine is started from Flashpoint Launcher, it uses >70% CPU for several minutes without ever starting the intended executable. This is despite Wine working fine when started from the terminal. This issue needs to be investigated and solved before Flashpoint can support launching games through Wine.
- By default, Flashpoint Launcher will attempt to read and modify
preferences.jsoninside its own app package. Since Mac applications are not allowed to modify their own app packages, this will fail. For this reason, Flashpoint Launcher must be opened with a shell script command
StartFlashpoint.command. This script sets the current directory to the Flashpoint Launcher folder so that the Launcher accesses the
preferences.jsonin the correct location. However, this unusual way of opening the Launcher may be the cause of the previously mentioned Wine bug.
- Flash games with URLs pointing to filenames with special characters will not work. This is because
nosamuEmbedSWF.shdoes not properly handle special characters when it converts URLs to paths, so it cannot copy the game's HTML to the correct location in
- Some Shockwave games may not close when you quit them from the menu. If this occurs, click inside the Message Window next to the game. Then type
quitand press Enter to close the game.
- Flashpoint for Mac uses exec mappings to determine what native executable to run based on the specified Windows application path. For example,
flashplayer_32_sa.exeis mapped to
nosamuEmbedSWF.shfor MacOS. To add more exec mappings, navigate to Flashpoint's
Datafolder and open
execs.jsonin a text editor. The exec mappings use 'darwin' to refer to MacOS.
- Flashpoint for Mac uses
swfbboxto determine the width and height of an SWF file.
swfbboxis part of the
swftoolshomebrew package. To install
swftools, first install homebrew. Then type
brew install swftoolsin the terminal.
- Flashpoint for Mac requires that PHP and cURL are enabled on your system. These components should be enabled by default.
Packaging Flashpoint for Mac
Here are some steps to keep in mind when packaging Flashpoint for Mac. This assumes that you are using the current package as a base and modifying it.
- You can follow these instructions to update Flashpoint's XMLs to the latest version.
- You can follow these instructions to update Flashpoint Router to the latest version.
FPSoftwarefolder to update SPR to the latest version. To get the latest version of SPR for Mac, see SPR for Mac.
- If you would like to distribute a modified SeaMonkey profile, be sure to clear the cache, cookies, and other data. In SeaMonkey, click
Tools -> Clear Private Data.
- If you would like to add a plugin to SeaMonkey, first install the plugin normally. Then, follow these steps:
- Navigate to
/Library/Internet Plug-Insin Finder and copy the files for the plugin you want to add.
- Navigate to Flashpoint's
SeaMonkey.appand choose 'Show Package Contents.'
- Inside the app package, navigate to
/Contents/Resources/plugins. Paste the plugin files that you copied in Step 1.
- Navigate to
- Before running or distributing Flashpoint, you should run the
dot_cleancommand inside the Flashpoint folder to remove resource forks. Flashpoint Launcher may not work properly if Flashpoint files have resource forks, as explained in Launcher Issues.
by Kayla Morrison • 2020-12-03 17:06:37 • Proven solutions
VLC is a widely used open-source media player that also supports batch media conversion and other functions. To make your video files compatible with an array of devices and players, the need for conversion arises now and then. So if you have multiple video files for the conversion, the VLC batch convert feature can be used.
Part 1. How to Convert Multiple Files in VLC
VLC is an open-source, cross-platform media player capable of playing files in various formats. The player for the playback supports almost all video and audio formats. Additionally, the player also works as a decent editing tool as it supports multiple functions like batch conversion, changing file parameters, subtitles, and others. So if you have VLC already installed on your system, it can be used for batch file conversion without downloading any additional software.
Steps to batch convert files using VLC Media Player
Step 1: Open the VLC program on your system. Click on the Media > Open Multiple Files.
Step 2: An Open Media pop-up window will open where hit on the +Add button to browse and load multiple files to be converted. The added files can also be removed by selecting the file and clicking on –Remove button.
Step 3: After the files are added, expand the drop-down at the Play button and select the Convert option.
Step 4: A new Convert window will open. Under the Settings, choose the desired output format from the Profile tab. Clicking on the edit icon will let you make other changes to the file: Finally, hit on the Start button to start with the file conversion process.
You can choose to overwrite the existing files after converting or keeping the existing one along with the converted one.
Part 2. Best VLC Alternative to Convert Multiple Files with Ease
To convert your media file professionally with ease, Wondershare UniConverter works as the best alternative. This desktop-based tool works with almost all formats and allows converting them to an array of other formats and devices. Batch processing is supported by converting multiple files at a time at high speed and without any loss in quality. Additionally, the built-in editor allows to trim, crop, cut, and perform various other functions. Transfer of the converted files to an array of devices is also supported.
Wondershare UniConverter - All-in-one Toolbox
- Convert multiple files 1000 formats for conversion, including all popular ones like MP4, MOV, AVI, WebM, etc.
- Convert movies files to optimized preset for almost all devices.
- Download videos from popular sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to batch convert files using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare UniConverter and import files.
Open the software and click on the +Add Files button to import the local files. An entire folder can also be added at a time, or you can even drag and drop the files to the interface. Multiple files can be added here.
Step 2 Choose the target format.
The list of supported formats and devices can be checked by opening the drop-down menu at the Output Format tab at the top-right corner. Choose the format from the Video, Audio, or Device list. Also, select the file resolution or the quality as needed.
Step 3 Convert multiple files.
To start the batch conversion, click on the Start All button. The files after the process will save to the desktop location selected at the Output tab. On the software, the Converted tab is to be used for managing the files.
Part 3. Other Free VLC Alternative to Convert Multiple Files
If you are looking for free VLC alternatives to convert multiple files, online tools can be considered. Several online programs allow converting multiple files at a time without installing any additional software. These are simple to use program can be accessed from your browser for free. We have picked the best tools in the category below.
1. Online UniConverter
Earlier known as Media.io, this web-based program allows two concurrent conversions at a time. Files can be browsed and added or can be simply dragged and dropped. Popular video and audio formats for the conversion are supported. The processed files can be added to the local system or the Drop-box account. A simple interface and quick process make the tool popular among the users.
- Simple interface.
- Option to add the converted files to the dropbox in addition to the local system.
- Only two concurrent conversions can be done at a time.
- The maximum supported file size is 100MB.
Batch Download Files From List Of Urls For Mac Osx
Using Zamzar, multiple files can be converted to your choice of format in a hassle-free manner. The interface is simple that allows adding the local files and select the target format. URLs can also be added to the interface to convert the online files. You can get the converted files on the interface or can even get them on mail if needed.
- Local and online files using URL can be added.
- A wide range of output formats supported.
- No option for file editing.
- Slow file upload and conversion speed.
Using Convertio, the media files on the computer, URL, Google Drive, and Dropbox can be added to the conversion process's program interface. Multiple files within the size limit of 100MB can be added at a time. The tool's settings option allows you to resize, rotate, and trim the file along with the option to change the file parameters. The converted files can be saved to the system or the cloud storage as needed.
- Files from multiple sources can be added as well as saved.
- Multiple editing and settings options available.
Batch Download Files From Url List
- Dependent on internet connectivity.
- The maximum supported file size for all the files is 100MB.
Batch Download Files From List Of Urls For Mac Os
VLC converts multiple files and works as a great solution if you have the program already installed on your computer. Online tools also work as a great free option but have several limitations like no editing features, limited file size, internet dependency, etc. So for lossless quality conversion without any limitations or quality issues, Wondershare UniConverter works as a great tool.