How to Install GlobalProtect for PC or MAC: Get started in downloading BlueStacks Android emulator for your PC. Soon after the installer completely finish downloading, click on it to start the set up process. Throughout the installation process click on on 'Next' for the.
UDIT has been working since the onset of the spread of COVID-19 to enhance online services for students, faculty and staff. As of March 23rd, a new VPN solution is available for UDel users. Palo Alto GlobalProtect is a virtual private network (VPN) solution that enables encrypted access to protected resources. This solution will allow staff access to campus resources that require use of University IP addresses or UD VPN IP addresses, such as restricted Webforms, systems on private networks, and other applications.
Important: This solution will not enable access to protected resources and desktops that require static VPN IP addresses or VPN groups when using AnyConnect VPN. Please contact your IT-Pro to determine whether your resources are protected by existing campus network access policies.
Palo Alto (Global Protect) VPN Client Downloads
- Apple iOS & Android Palo Alto (Global Protect) VPN clients can be downloaded via the Apple App Store & Google Play Store.
- Download the Palo Alto (GlobalProtect) agent for Linux from the right-side column above.
- UD only supports the GUI version of the Palo Alto VPN installer.
Mac GlobalProtect Client Install
On the Mac, The latest client is available from the VPN portal. Use https with a web browser to connect to https://vpn.wsu.edu.
- Login with WSU AD credentials
- No need for additional prefixes or suffixes
- Example: [email protected] will only need username john.smith
- After logging in, download the Mac OS agent.
- When prompted, run the software.
- When prompted again, run the GlobalProtect Installer.
- From the GlobalProtect Installer, click continue.
- On the destination select screen, select the install folder and then click continue.
- On the Installation Type screen, select the GlobalProtect installation package check box, and then click continue.
- Click install to confirm that you want to install GlobalProtect.
- When prompted, enter your Username and Password, and then click install software to begin the installation.
- When this security box appears, users MUST click the “Open Security Preferences” Button (NOT the OK Button).
- Click the “Allow” button at the bottom of the “Security & Privacy” box to allow the Palo Alto Extension.
- After installation is complete, close the installer.
Mac Global Protect Operation
Launch the GlobalProtect app by clicking the GP icon (top right of screen). The status panel will open –
- Set the portal address to vpn.wsu.edu
- Click connect
- Once the GlobalProtect client connects to the portal it will prompt for your username and password. Just enter your NID and then click “Sign In”. Example: [email protected] will only need username john.smith
- Once complete, the VPN should know as “Connected”.
Be sure to disconnect the VPN when it is no longer in use.
Download the installer from the portal page at https://vpn.wsu.edu (same process as the previous Mac GP Client install).
From the GlobalProtect installer, click continue.
On the destination select screen, click continue.
On the Installation Type screen, select the Uninstall GlobalProtect package check box, and then click continue:
Click Install to confirm that you want to remove the GlobalProtect app.
When prompted, enter your Username and Password, and then click Install Software to uninstall GlobalProtect.
A message will pop up that will confirm that the Uninstall GlobalProtect package was successfully installed and that the GlobalProtect app has been removed from the computer.
On Linux, the latest GlobalProtect client can be downloaded from:
There are two clients – download the rpm file for RedHat/CentOS.
For Ubuntu, download the deb file. Open a terminal window to install the client
sudo dpkg – i GlobalProtect_deb-5.0.8.deb
sudo yum localinstall GlobalProtect_rpm-5.0.8.rpm
Using a terminal window, type globalprotect. At the >> prompt, use the connect command to connect to portal vpn.wsu.edu.
[email protected]:~$ globalprotect
Current GlobalProtect status: OnDemand mode.
>> connect –portal vpn.wsu.edu
vpn.wsu.edu – Authentication Failed. Enter login credentials
Other commands of note at the >> prompt include –
(exits out of GlobalProtect which continues to run in the background)
>> show –version
>> show –status
>> show –details
- Uninstall the GlobalProtect app for Linux using dpkg.
- Uninstall the GlobalProtect app for Linux using apt-get.
[email protected]:~$ sudo dpkg -P globalprotect
(Reading database … 209181 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing globalprotect (5.0.8) …
gp service is running and we need to stop it…
Removing gp service…
gp service has been removed successfully
[email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get remove GlobalProtect_deb-5.0.8.deb
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Globalprotect 5.2 Download Mac
- Open GlobalProtect and click on the Troubleshooting tab. An option to collect logs will create a support file that can be used for analysis.
Using the terminal window and in globalprotect mode, run the collect-log command to create the support file.
[email protected]:~$ globalprotect
Current GlobalProtect status: Connected
collecting network info…
collecting machine info…
generating final result file…
The support file is saved to /home/user/.GlobalProtect/Collect.tgz